This group includes the activities of publishing books in print, electronic (CD, CD-ROM, DVD, etc.), audio or on the internet. Its business activities include publishing books, brochures, leaflets and similar publications, including publishing dictionaries and encyclopedias, publishing atlases, maps and graphics, publishing books in audio form and publishing encyclopedias etc. on CD-ROMs and other publications. Including the electronic publishing.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a book publishing in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 58110
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 58110?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
58110 stands for book publishing
|Section||Information and communication|
|Group||Publishing of books, periodicals and other publishing activities|
|Indonesian class||Book publishing|
Activities similar to Book publishing
What are the requirements to set up a book publishing in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering book publishing company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a book publishing company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.