BROADCASTING SERVICES SUBSCRIPTIONS (LPB}
This group includes activities in the business of organizing television broadcasts that are managed by the private sector, including television broadcasting stations, such as programming complete television channels from purchased program components (such as films, documentaries and others), program components that are self-generated (such as local news, live reports) or a combination of the two); programming of video channels on a request basis; and data broadcasting integrated with television broadcasts. Complete television programs can be broadcast alone or through a third party distribution, such as a cable company or satellite television provider. Programming can be general or specific (for example, a limited format such as news programs, sports, education or programs aimed at youth), it can be made freely available to the user or it can only be available on a subscription basis. Direct radio and television broadcasting or re-broadcasting activities based on fees and contracts are included in the group 61933.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb} in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 60202
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 60202?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
60202 stands for broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb}
|Section||Information and communication|
|Division||Programming and broadcasting activities|
|Group||Television programming and broadcasting activities|
|Indonesian class||Broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb}|
Activities similar to Broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb}
What are the requirements to set up a broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb} in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 20% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders. Indonesian shareholders must hold at least 80% of the shares.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||1500||Rp375000000|
The process of registering broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb} company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a broadcasting services subscriptions (lpb} company depends on the location of your company's registered address.