DEFENSE INSTITUTIONS AND ARMED FORCES
This group includes all activities (administrative, operational and others), including civil servants in the armed forces and efforts to deliver assistance to members of the military, except for members of the armed forces who are employed or who serve in government. For example the Ministry of Defense and the Indonesian National Army Headquarters.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a defense institutions and armed forces in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 84221
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 84221?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
84221 stands for defense institutions and armed forces
|Section||Provision of services to the community as a whole|
|Division||Public administration and defence; compulsory social security|
|Indonesian class||Defense institutions and armed forces|
Activities similar to Defense institutions and armed forces
What are the requirements to set up a defense institutions and armed forces in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering defense institutions and armed forces company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a defense institutions and armed forces company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.