DRINKING HOUSE OR CAFE
This group includes the types of food service businesses that are located in part or all of a permanent building that sells and serves mainly drinks to the public in their business premises, whether they are equipped with equipment or equipment for the manufacturing and storage process or not and have either received a decree as a drinking house from agencies that have managed it or not
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a drinking house or cafe in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 56303
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 56303?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
56303 stands for drinking house or cafe
|Section||Accommodation and food service activities|
|Division||Beverage serving activities|
|Group||Food and beverage service activities|
|Indonesian class||Drinking house or cafe|
Activities similar to Drinking house or cafe
What are the requirements to set up a drinking house or cafe in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering drinking house or cafe company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a drinking house or cafe company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.