This group includes the provision of food services on the basis of contractual agreements with customers, the location is determined by the customer for a particular event. This group includes ready-to-eat (ready-to-eat) food service businesses that are organized through orders for offices, celebrations, parties, seminars, meetings and the like. Usually the finished food ordered is delivered to workplaces, parties, seminars, meetings and the like along with waiters who will serve guests or seminar participants or meetings at the party or seminar.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a event catering in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 56210
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 56210?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
56210 stands for event catering
|Section||Accommodation and food service activities|
|Division||Event catering and other food service activities|
|Group||Food and beverage service activities|
|Indonesian class||Event catering|
Activities similar to Event catering
What are the requirements to set up a event catering in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering event catering company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a event catering company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.