This group includes all activities managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, including administrative and operational activities stationed abroad (diplomatic and consular missions), and at the offices of international organizations (UN, ASEAN and so on). Administrative, operational and cultural assistance that crosses national borders as well as economic assistance and assistance to economic missions abroad, unless military assistance and military personnel abroad are included in groups 84221 to 84224
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a foreign affairs in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 84210
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 84210?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
84210 stands for foreign affairs
|Section||Provision of services to the community as a whole|
|Division||Public administration and defence; compulsory social security|
|Indonesian class||Foreign affairs|
Activities similar to Foreign affairs
What are the requirements to set up a foreign affairs in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering foreign affairs company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a foreign affairs company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.