GENERAL PRINTING INDUSTRY
This group includes the activities of the newspaper, magazine and other periodic printing industry such as tabloids, newspapers, magazines, journals, pamphlets, books and brochures, music manuscripts, maps, atlases, posters, advertising catalogs, prospectuses and other print advertisements, diaries, calendars, business forms and other commercial printed materials, stationery or personal writing materials and other printed goods produced by printing machines, offsets, photo cliches, flexography and the like, copying machines, computer printers, embossed letters and so on including printing equipment fast; direct printing on textiles, plastics, glass, metal, wood and ceramics, except printing silk screens on fabrics and apparel; and printing on labels or identification (lithography, printing on graves, flexography printing and so on). This includes reprinting via computer, mimeograph machines and the like. This printed material is usually copyright. The paper or cardboard label industry belongs to the 17099 group.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a general printing industry in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 18111
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 18111?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
18111 stands for general printing industry
|Division||Printing and reproduction of recorded media|
|Group||Printing and service activities related to printing|
|Indonesian class||General printing industry|
What are the requirements to set up a general printing industry in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering general printing industry company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a general printing industry company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.