This group includes the activities of guarantee institutions including guarantee companies and re-guarantee companies. Guarantee company is a company that provides guarantees for the fulfillment of the financial obligations of Credit and or or Financing Recipients based on Sharia Principles. A re-guarantee company is a company that provides guarantees for the fulfillment of the financial obligations of Guarantee Companies that have guaranteed the fulfillment of the financial obligations of Credit and or or Financing Recipients based on Sharia Principles. Examples of guarantee companies are PT Penjaminan Kredit Indonesia (Jamkrindo), PT West Java Regional Credit Guarantee (PT Jamkrida Jabar).
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a guarantee institution in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 64993
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 64993?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
64993 stands for guarantee institution
|Section||Financial and insurance activities|
|Division||Financial service activities, except insurance and pension funding|
|Group||Other financial service activities, except insurance and pension funding activities|
|Indonesian class||Guarantee institution|
Activities similar to Guarantee institution
What are the requirements to set up a guarantee institution in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering guarantee institution company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a guarantee institution company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.