MANUFACTURE OF RAILWAY LOCOMOTIVES AND ROLLING STOCK
This group includes the business of manufacturing or assembling electric, diesel, steam and other railway locomotives; self-propelled railroad cars (self propulsion) or electric trains or trams, vans and trucks, including their maintenance or repair; railroad cars or electric trains, not self-propelled (driving themselves), such as passenger cars, freight cars, tank cars, workshop cars, crane cars, wagons and unloaders, carts and others; special railway or electric railroad or carriage spare parts, such as bogies, axles and wheels, brakes and brake parts, clutch and hook equipment, buffers and buffer parts, shock absorber, locomotive and carriage frames; body car body, connecting between corridors and others; mechanical and electromagnetic signal equipment, safety equipment and control of signs for trains, electric trains, water traffic, roads, parking facilities, airfields and others; mine locomotives and mine rail vehicles; and train seats.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 30200
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 30200?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
30200 stands for manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock
|Section||Manufacture of other transport equipment|
|Division||Manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock|
|Indonesian class||Manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock|
Activities similar to Manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock
- Installation of industrial machinery and equipment
- Aircraft reparation
- Other repair transportation equipment, not motor vehicles
- Repair of other equipment
- Other electrical equipment reparation
- Repair of ships, boats and floating buildings
- Reparasi lokomotif dan gerbong kereta
- Photographic and optical equipment reparation
- Electric motor reparations, generators and transformers
- Reparasi baterai dan akumulator listrik
- Machine repair for specific purposes
- Repair measures, test tools and navigation and controller equipment
What are the requirements to set up a manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a manufacture of railway locomotives and rolling stock company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.