MANUFACTURED OR IMITATED LEATHER INDUSTRY
This group includes businesses making artificial leather or imitation leather made from genuine leather. The textile media artificial or imitation leather industry was included in the group 13992.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a manufactured or imitated leather industry in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 15114
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 15114?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
15114 stands for manufactured or imitated leather industry
|Section||Manufacture of leather and related products|
|Group||Tanning and dressing of leather; manufacture of luggage, handbags, saddlery and harness; dressing and dyeing of fur|
|Indonesian class||Manufactured or imitated leather industry|
Activities similar to Manufactured or imitated leather industry
- Manufacture of products from leather and manufactured leather for other purposes
- Industri barang dari kulit dan kulit buatan untuk keperluan teknik or industri
- Manufacture of products from leather and manufactured leather for animal purposes
- Feather leather dying industry
- Manufactured or imitated leather industry
- Manufacture of products from leather and manufactured leather for personal purposes
- Skin preservation industry
- Industri penyamakan kulit
What are the requirements to set up a manufactured or imitated leather industry in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering manufactured or imitated leather industry company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a manufactured or imitated leather industry company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.