This group includes packaging services on a fee or contract basis, whether or not an automated process is used. Including bottling of drinks and food, packaging of solid objects (blister packaging, wrapping with aluminum foil and others), packaging of drugs and medicinal ingredients, labeling, affixing stamps and giving stamps, packaging parcels or gifts and wrapping gifts. Including canning and the like. Packing services for transportation activities are included in the corresponding groups 52291 to 52299.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a packaging activities in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 82920
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 82920?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
82920 stands for packaging activities
|Section||Administrative and support service activities|
|Division||Business support service activities n.e.c.|
|Group||Office administrative, office support and other business support activities|
|Indonesian class||Packaging activities|
Activities similar to Packaging activities
- Packaging activities
- Other business support service activities n.e.c.
- Debt collection and credit bureau activities
- Activity call center
- Meeting organizers, incentive travels, conferences and exhibitions
- Event organizer
- Combined office administrative service activities
- Photocopying, document preparation and other specialized office support activities
What are the requirements to set up a packaging activities in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering packaging activities company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a packaging activities company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.