PRECIOUS STONE MINING
This group includes the mining and quarrying business of precious stones or gemstones, such as diamonds. Including activities of refining, separating or sorting, cleaning and processing in other ways of precious stones or gemstones that cannot be administratively separated from the mining and other excavation business
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a precious stone mining in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 08991
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 08991?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
08991 stands for precious stone mining
|Section||Mining and quarrying|
|Division||Mining and quarrying n.e.c.|
|Group||Other mining and quarrying|
|Indonesian class||Precious stone mining|
Activities similar to Precious stone mining
- Excavation of quartz or sand
- Other mining and quarrying ytdl
- Excavation of feldspar and kalsite
- Natural asphalt mining
- Excavation of asbestos
- Precious stone mining
- Extraction of peat
- Extraction of salt
- Pertambangan yodium
- Mining potash (potassium carbonate)
- Mining of minerals, chemicals and other fertilizers
- Yellow mining
What are the requirements to set up a precious stone mining in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering precious stone mining company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a precious stone mining company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.