PRIVATE BROADCASTING INSTITUTIONS (LPS)
This group includes activities in the business of organizing radio broadcasts which are managed by the private sector, such as broadcasting sound signals through radio broadcasting studios and facilities for transmitting sound signal programming to the public or listeners; radio network activities, namely collecting and sending sound signal programs to listeners by air, cable or satellite; radio broadcasting activities via the internet (internet radio stations); and data broadcasting integrated with radio broadcasting. This includes radio broadcasting relay stations. Direct radio and television broadcasting or re-broadcasting activities based on a fee and contract basis are included in the group 61991
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a private broadcasting institutions (lps) in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 60102
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 60102?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
60102 stands for private broadcasting institutions (lps)
|Section||Information and communication|
|Division||Programming and broadcasting activities|
|Indonesian class||Private broadcasting institutions (lps)|
Activities similar to Private broadcasting institutions (lps)
What are the requirements to set up a private broadcasting institutions (lps) in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 20% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders. Indonesian shareholders must hold at least 80% of the shares.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||1500||Rp375000000|
The process of registering private broadcasting institutions (lps) company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a private broadcasting institutions (lps) company depends on the location of your company's registered address.