PRIVATE FILM, VIDEO AND TELEVISION PROGRAM PRODUCTION ACTIVITIES
This group includes the business of making and producing motion pictures, films, videos, television programs or television mobile advertisements which are managed by the private sector on the basis of remuneration as well as film-making businesses for television and film delivery services and film bookkeeping agencies. Film duplications and audio or video reproductions of master copies are included in group 18202.
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a private film, video and television program production activities in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 59112
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 59112?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
59112 stands for private film, video and television program production activities
|Section||Information and communication|
|Division||Motion picture, video and television programme activities|
|Group||Motion picture, video and television programme production, sound recording and music publishing activities|
|Indonesian class||Private film, video and television program production activities|
Activities similar to Private film, video and television program production activities
- Music publishing activities and music books
- Private distribution of film, video and television programs activities
- Movie playing activities
- Voice recording activities
- Post-production activities of film, video and television programs by the government
- Post-production activities of private film, video and television programs
- Distribution activities of film, video and television programs by the government
- Aktivitas produksi film, video dan program televisi oleh pemerintah
- Private film, video and television program production activities
What are the requirements to set up a private film, video and television program production activities in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering private film, video and television program production activities company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a private film, video and television program production activities company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.