TOUR OPERATOR ACTIVITIES
This group includes businesses whose activities are to plan and package tourism travel components including nature tourism in forest areas, which includes tourist facilities, tourist objects and attractions and other tourism services, especially those found in the territory of Indonesia in the form of tour packages; organizing and selling tour packages by distributing them through Travel Agents and or or selling them directly to tourists or consumers; provide tour guide services related to the tour packages being sold; provide tourism transportation services; make reservations for accommodation, restaurants, convention venues and tickets for sale of cultural arts as well as visits to tourist objects and attractions; manage travel documents, in the form of passports and visas or other equivalent documents,
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a tour operator activities in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 79120
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 79120?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
79120 stands for tour operator activities
|Section||Administrative and support service activities|
|Division||Travel agency and tour operator activities|
|Group||Travel agency, tour operator, reservation service and related activities|
|Indonesian class||Tour operator activities|
What are the requirements to set up a tour operator activities in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering tour operator activities company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a tour operator activities company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.