TRUSTS, FUNDS AND SIMILAR FINANCIAL ENTITIES
This group includes legal entities that are formed to collect shares or securities or other financial assets, without arrangement, on behalf of shareholders or that gain a profit. The portfolio is adjusted to obtain specific investment characteristics, such as diversification, risk, returns and price changes. This entity earns interest, dividends and other property income, but has little or no job and no income from the sale of services. This group includes open-end investment financing, closed-end investment financing; trust, estates or account intermediary, supervised on behalf of the beneficiary based on the trust agreement, will or intermediary agreement, the investment trust financing unit
Register a company in Indonesia
Fill in the form below and have a company registered in Indonesia in five working days.Contact our consultants
Key requirements to set up a trusts, funds and similar financial entities in Indonesia
The following requirements are based on the Indonesian business classification code 64300
- Maximum foreign ownership
- Minimum capital
- Rp. 2.5 billion
- Local SME partnership required
What is a KBLI 64300?
A KBLI is an Indonesian business classification, last revised in 2020. The KBLI determines the regulations for a specific business activity.
64300 stands for trusts, funds and similar financial entities
|Section||Financial and insurance activities|
|Division||Financial service activities, except insurance and pension funding|
|Group||Trusts, funds and similar financial entities|
|Indonesian class||Trusts, funds and similar financial entities|
Activities similar to Trusts, funds and similar financial entities
What are the requirements to set up a trusts, funds and similar financial entities in Indonesia?
- At least two shareholders
- Maximum of 100% of the shares can be held by foreign shareholders.
- Minimum paid up capital is Rp 2.500.000.000,00
- Paid-up capital will not be injected in the company during the registration process. Instead, the shareholders issue a statement letter that at least the amount of minimum paid-up capital will be injected to the company once the registration is completed.
- At least one director. At least one of the directors must be an Indonesian resident. The directors are in charge of the daily operations of the company.
- At least one commissioner. Commissioners are overseeing the work of directors on behalf of the shareholders.
- The same person cannot be both a director and a commissioner.
- There is no requirement for the director or commissioner to hold shares in the company.
- Registered address in a building with the correct building permit.
Example of typical shareholder table
|Name||Country of origin||Role||Shares||Capital contribution|
|Smith Industries Ltd.||Australia||7500||Rp1875000000|
The process of registering trusts, funds and similar financial entities company in Indonesia
The exact process of registering a trusts, funds and similar financial entities company depends on the location of your company's registered address.
The fastest way to register a company in Indonesia is in South Jakarta (Jakarta Selatan), using Emerhub's registered address. This cuts down the registration time to five working days.
In Bali, the typical registration time is 3-4 weeks. Elsewhere in Indonesia the registration times vary between 2-6 weeks.