Company Registration Process in Indonesia
Fastest company registration service in Indonesia
Tell us about your planned activities and we will suggest the most suitable classification (KBLI) and corporate structure for your business.
Upload your documents
The entire registration process can be done entirely online. We will give you access to our online portal to upload the required documents. We handle all the government communication on your behalf.
Ratifying Articles of Association
AoA is the governing document of your company and contains all the key information about your Indonesian company.
Key requirements for company registration in Indonesia
General overview of the requirements for setting up a PT PMA company (limited liability company with foreign ownership).
At least two shareholders
- Shareholders can be both individual or corporate
- Up to 100% foreign ownership is allowed for most business classifications
- Shareholders can also serve as directors or commissioners
- The official capital requirement for a PT PMA company in Indonesia is 10 billion Indonesian Rupiah.
- The capital does not have to be injected into the company directly, any uninvested capital becomes the owner’s liability.
- Including local shareholders does not affect the capital requirement (unless they own 100% of the company)
At least one commissioner and a resident director
- Commissioners oversee the work of directors on behalf of shareholders
- At least one of the directors must be a resident (or national) of Indonesia
- A company must have a registered address at a commercial building
- If you don’t plan to rent an office, Emerhub can provide a virtual office.
Additional requirements for some industries
- Most industries are 100% open to foreign investments
- Some industries require additional commercial licenses which will be obtained after the incorporation.
Indonesia company name check
Check if a company name is already taken in Indonesia
Talk to our consultants
Ready to discuss setting up your business in Indonesia?
More resources on company registration in Indonesia
Here are some of our popular blog posts on company registration in Indonesia
A step-bystep guide on how to send your shipment to Indonesia.
Understand different types of visas available in Indonesia and which one is suitable for your purposes.
Read about our first impressions of Indonesia’s new Golden Visa regulations, and how they may impact your business.
Check out the list of countries that are affected by Indonesia’s recent suspension of visa free entry due to health and safety concerns.
Understand the basics of VAT in Indonesia, including rates, exemptions, and the process of VAT registration for foreign-owned businesses.
Discover how to tap into the booming e-commerce market in Indonesia and become a successful seller on Shopee and Tokopedia.
Looking to import products into Indonesia? Explore how an importer of record can help.
Explore how to get a BPOM certificate for processed food in Indonesia, the categories of processed food products, and their risk levels.
Discover how using an Employer of Record in Indonesia can help expand your business by hiring local employees for market research and testing
The rapidly growing Halal market in Indonesia presents an opportunity for businesses in the food, cosmetics, and health industries. This article provides a guide on obtaining certification for both large-scale and MSME businesses.