Emerhub will be your consignee through our Importer of Record process
Submit your documents
Provide the required information to Emerhub, the importer of record. Confirm with your overseas supplier, distributor, or carrier that Emerhub Thailand is acting as your importer of record. After checking with the foreign exporter, the shipping documents will be verified.
Emerhub processes all payments related to customs fees and duties on behalf of your company after receiving payment from you.
Verification and shipping
We will retrieve your shipment for dispatch: you can decide the shipment size and form (boxes, crates, containers). Emerhub then evaluates and verifies the imported goods. Once the customs clearance is completed there, we proceed to import and ship the goods.
Key facts about an Importer of Record (IOR) in Thailand
General overview of the IOR, the required documents to submit, and the benefits of selecting Emerhub as your consignee
What is an Importer of Record? (IOR)
- An IOR is a third party that is contracted to be responsible for the shipment of goods. A foreign company seeking to import into Thailand must obtain the necessary permits and certificates, as well as comply with product-specific regulations before they can legally import goods, which is a costly and time-consuming process.
- Through our Importer of Record service, Emerhub acts as your consignee and handles all the shipment logistics through our pre-existing network. Since we already have the necessary licenses and expertise in place, you simply need to submit your documents and we take care of the rest. This allows you to start planning your imports immediately.
What documents do you need to submit?
- Packing list: Volume of the shipment
- HS Codes or Datasheet: Prevailing Taxes and Product Licenses
- Commercial Invoice: Value of shipment and tax calculation
What are the benefits of using an Importer of Record?
- You can import your goods immediately
- Your Thai legal entity doesn’t have to apply for an import license
- You can import goods as many times as you need. It is convenient for short-term import operations
- Avoid Penalties and delays for Compliance with Customs and Border Protection
- Local resources that can be operated locally
- Trackable import process for goods
- Optimize your time and processes so you can focus on your core business day-to-day
- Fully comply with local and customer country regulations to facilitate transactions
Talk to our consultants
Contact us to register and send shipments to Thailand
More resources on importing in Thailand
Here are some of our popular blog posts on importing and supply chain management in Thailand