Company Registration Process in Bali
Set up a foreign-owned company (PT PMA) in Bali
Tell us about your planned activities and we will suggest the most suitable classification (KBLI) and corporate structure for your business.
Upload your documents
The entire registration process can be done entirely online. We will give you access to our online portal to upload the required documents.
Ratifying Articles of Association
AoA is the governing document of your company and contains all the key information about your Indonesian company.
Key requirements for company registration in Bali
General overview of the requirements for setting up a PT PMA company (limited liability company with foreign ownership).
At least two shareholders
- Shareholders can be both individual or corporate
- Up to 100% foreign ownership is allowed for most business classifications
- Shareholders can also serve as directors or commissioners
- The official capital requirement for a PT PMA company in Indonesia is 10 billion Indonesian Rupiah.
- The capital does not have to be injected into the company directly, any uninvested capital becomes the owner’s liability.
- Including local shareholders does not affect the capital requirement (unless they own 100% of the company)
At least one commissioner and a resident director
- Commissioners oversee the work of directors on behalf of shareholders
- At least one of the directors must be a resident (or national) of Indonesia
- A company must have a registered address at a commercial building
- If you don’t plan to rent an office, Emerhub can provide a virtual office.
Additional requirements for some industries
- Most industries are 100% open to foreign investments
- Some industries require additional commercial licenses which will be obtained after the incorporation.
Talk to our consultants
Ready to discuss setting up your business in Bali?
More resources on company registration in Bali
Here are some of our popular blog posts on company registration in Indonesia