Company Registration Process in Indonesia
Fastest company registration service in Indonesia
Tell us about your planned activities and we will suggest the most suitable classification (KBLI) and corporate structure for your business.
Upload your documents
The entire registration process can be done entirely online. We will give you access to our online portal to upload the required documents. We handle all the government communication on your behalf.
Ratifying Articles of Association
AoA is the governing document of your company and contains all the key information about your Indonesian company.
Key requirements for company registration in Indonesia
General overview of the requirements for setting up a PT PMA company (limited liability company with foreign ownership).
At least two shareholders
- Shareholders can be both individual or corporate
- Up to 100% foreign ownership is allowed for most business classifications
- Shareholders can also serve as directors or commissioners
- The official capital requirement for a PT PMA company in Indonesia is 10 billion Indonesian Rupiah.
- The capital does not have to be injected into the company directly, any uninvested capital becomes the owner’s liability.
- Including local shareholders does not affect the capital requirement (unless they own 100% of the company)
At least one commissioner and a resident director
- Commissioners oversee the work of directors on behalf of shareholders
- At least one of the directors must be a resident (or national) of Indonesia
- A company must have a registered address at a commercial building
- If you don’t plan to rent an office, Emerhub can provide a virtual office.
Additional requirements for some industries
- Most industries are 100% open to foreign investments
- Some industries require additional commercial licenses which will be obtained after the incorporation.
Indonesia company name check
Check if a company name is already taken in Indonesia
Talk to our consultants
Ready to discuss setting up your business in Indonesia?
More resources on company registration in Indonesia
Here are some of our popular blog posts on company registration in Indonesia
Learn more about Indonesian payroll management best practices.
Understand the kind of information you can get from the Indonesian company registry.
Learn more abour how to ensure your company’s compliance in Indonesia.
Discover different ways to legally reduce your dividend tax and deepen your understanding of the Indonesian Tax system.
Indonesian government has made it easier to invest in electric charging stations. Learn how to get involved as a foreign investor.
Understand the key changes to the corporate income tax calculations in Indonesia and how to optimise your tax payments.
If you are in the process of setting up a company in Indonesia or have just finished doing so, opening a corporate bank account is your next big step. It is a mandatory part of the company incorporation process. However, the process of establishing banking operations in Indonesia can be difficult without on-the-ground experience. In…
Are you looking to expand your e-commerce business to SEA? Read more about how a Merchant of Record can support you
A step-bystep guide on how to send your shipment to Indonesia.
Understand different types of visas available in Indonesia and which one is suitable for your purposes.