Coronavirus updates: Changes to visas and work permits in Vietnam
Latest confirmed information on traveling to Vietnam as a foreigner.
Table of contents
Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus, Vietnam has implemented various restrictions on foreign nationals entering Vietnam. Therefore the regular advice on visas is currently not valid until further notice.
This page collects confirmed information on the travel and living restrictions on foreign nationals in Vietnam. See also similar post about Indonesia.
Last update: March 24, 18:13
Visa requests are pending for all foreigners for the next thirty days from 22/03/2020.
Special cases such as experts, business managers, skilled workers (TRC holders) may be able to enter Vietnam but are subject to additional requirements:
- Test and possess a non-positive COVID-19 certificate that is issued by the competent authorities of the host country.
- Submit an entry request and certificate to the Vietnamese embassy/consulate of the host country.
- Receive approval from the embassy.
- Everyone entering Vietnam will be quarantined for 14 days (in a government-appointed place, not at home).
- Work permit holders in Vietnam must get a health certificate from a Vietnamese hospital, foreign certificates are not recognized.
There may be no flights available to Ho Chi Minh City at the time of your planned travel as the airport authorities strictly limit the number of incoming flights.
Let's grow your business in Vietnam
Get in touch with Emerhub by filling in the form below and our consultants will reach out to you within a few working hours.
More articles about Vietnam
Expat Guide to Buying Property in Vietnam
Foreign investors can obtain the right to use land, which is very similar to having ownership rights.
Set Up a Construction Business in Vietnam: The Complete Guide
Vietnam offers many opportunities for foreign investment within the construction industry. Depending on the projects, there are different requirements for participating in the construction business in Vietnam.
How To Register an Advertising Agency in Vietnam
Getting a license to open an advertising agency in Vietnam is difficult. But not impossible. Learn how to get started.