Table of contents
A merchant of record, also known as a seller of record, is a company or individual who is responsible for processing payments and handling customer transactions on behalf of another business. This arrangement is commonly used by companies that want to sell products or services online, but do not have the necessary infrastructure or resources to handle customer transactions themselves.
In Indonesia, a merchant of the record plays a crucial role in helping businesses comply with local regulations and laws related to e-commerce. They are responsible for obtaining the necessary licenses and permits, as well as managing the risk associated with online transactions.
In a nutshell, a merchant of record, such as Emerhub, allows you to sell your products in Indonesia without having to go through the process of registering a company and registering products.
- Simplifies payment processing and customer transactions: A merchant of record takes care of the technical details and paperwork involved in accepting payments and handling customer transactions, freeing up your business to focus on other areas.
- Enables global expansion: If your business is based overseas and you want to sell products or services in Indonesia, using a merchant of record can help you navigate the complexities of cross-border payments and compliance with locals laws and regulations.
- Provides additional security: A merchant of record is responsible for maintaining secure payment systems and protecting customer data, which can help reduce the risk of fraud and data breaches for your business.
When selecting a merchant of record in Indonesia, it’s important to consider the following factors:
- Experience and reputation: Look for a merchant of record with a proven track record of success and a good reputation in the industry.
- Fees and pricing: Compare the fees and pricing structures of different merchants of record to find the best deal for your business.
- Payment options: Make sure the merchant of record you choose offers the payment options that are most convenient and preferred by your target customers.
- Customer support: Consider the level of customer support offered by the merchant of record, including their availability and response time to inquiries and issues.
Emerhub is a leading provider of merchant of record services in Indonesia, that can help your business sell products on popular e-commerce websites like Tokopedia, Shopee, Lazada, and Bukalapak.
By using Emerhub’s merchant of record services, you benefit from our expertise in payment processing and customer transactions in Indonesia.
Get in touch by filling out the form below and our consultants will reach out to you.
Let's grow your business in Indonesia
Get in touch with Emerhub by filling in the form below and our consultants will reach out to you within a few working hours.
More articles from Indonesia
A Comprehensive Guide on How to Import to Indonesia
A step-bystep guide on how to send your shipment to Indonesia.
Overview of types of visas in Indonesia
Understand different types of visas available in Indonesia and which one is suitable for your purposes.
Indonesia’s new Visa Regulations and Golden Visa: An unexpected outcome
Read about our first impressions of Indonesia’s new Golden Visa regulations, and how they may impact your business.
Indonesia puts visa free entry on hold for 159 countries
Check out the list of countries that are affected by Indonesia’s recent suspension of visa free entry due to health and safety concerns.
Registering for VAT in Indonesia as a foreign-owned business
Understand the basics of VAT in Indonesia, including rates, exemptions, and the process of VAT registration for foreign-owned businesses.
E-commerce in Indonesia: How to be a successful marketplace seller
Discover how to tap into the booming e-commerce market in Indonesia and become a successful seller on Shopee and Tokopedia.