Using the COVID-19 Fast Track Approval to Import Medical Supplies To Indonesia
Due to the urgent situation it's now possible to import medical supplies in just three days
Table of contents
Importing medical devices is a highly regulated industry. However, due to the urgent need the Indonesian government created a special COVID-19 Fast Track Approval system that allows to import vital medical devices almost immediately.
In this article we will describe how you can start importing medical equipment to Indonesia, even if you don’t have a locally registered company.
The usual process to import medical devices in Indonesia takes about 6-8 months. It includes steps such as:
- Company registration
- Warehouse audit
- IPAK License
- Product registration
The COVID-19 Fast Track removes the second and the third step and allows to register the products in three days.
These are the products that can be imported using the COVID-19 Fast Track Approval:
- Hand sanitizers
- Raw materials for hand sanitizers and disinfectants
- Laboratory test kits
- Materials for producing test kits
- Vitamins and medical supplies related to treatment of the COVID-19 patients
- Personal protective equipment
Any organization registered in Indonesia can apply for the Approval. Those include:
- Governmental institutions
- Non-profit organizations
- For-profit organizations registered in Indonesia (e.g. PT PMAs)
Essentially the only requirement is that your company is registered in Indonesia. If you don’t have a legal entity in Indonesia, the fastest options are the following:
- Set up a new company in Jakarta. If you use Emerhub’s virtual office, we can register your company in less than one week.
- Use Importer of Record service. This way you’ll be using Emerhub as the consignee and can start importing immediately.
Reach out to us using the form below and our consultants will get back to you within a working day. The situation with medical supplies in Indonesia is very serious and we look forward to assisting you in supporting the country in those tough times.
Let's grow your business in Indonesia
Get in touch with Emerhub by filling in the form below and our consultants will reach out to you within a few working hours.
More articles about Indonesia
How to Import IT Equipment Into Indonesia?
There are three options for importing IT equipment into Indonesia. Using an Importer of Record (IOR) is the easiest of the three, heres why.
The Guide to Foreign-Owned Company Registration in Indonesia
Always up-to-date comprehensive information about registering a foreign owned (PT PMA) company in Indonesia.