In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Indonesia paused issuing visas to foreigners outside of Indonesia. But we are glad to let you know that overseas visa application to enter Indonesia is now possible under certain conditions.
What are your visa options
- Single Entry Visit Visa – for social or business visits
- Onshore application, grants you 60 days of stay with the possibility of four 30 day extensions.
- Offshore application, grants you 30 days of stay with the possibility of four 30 day extensions.
- Work and Investor Visa
- Foreign nationals hired by companies in Indonesia can apply for a work permit or KITAS. Investors who hold at least IDR 1 billion worth of shares in a company in Indonesia can apply for an investor visa. Business visas are available for foreign nationals with a sponsor company in Indonesia.
- Foreigners who meet requirements may also apply for retirement visas.
- Family Reunification Visa
These visas need to be sponsored by your Indonesian Spouse. The application process takes up to 10 working days. Once issued, you can enter Indonesia, following the current Health Protocol. The visa grants you 30 days of stay and it can be converted into a Stay Permit (KITAS).
How to apply for an Indonesian Visa
- Choose the visa type relevant to your needs or situation
Depending on certain conditions, you can apply for the following visas:
– Social visa
– Business Visa
– Working Visa
– Investor Visa
– Retirement visa
- Obtain visa approval.
This is applicable to those applying for work permits. Applicants must gain approval from the Foreign Manpower Utilization Plan (RPTKA) which takes up to 10 days.
- Get your telex visa.
The telex visa is now electronic. This means that you do not need to claim it in person at an Indonesian embassy.
- Enter Indonesia.
You’ll need to follow Indonesia’s new health protocols before, during and after entry.
Emerhub can assist in every step of the process. From advising on the most suitable visa type to processing your visa application. Fill out the form below and our consultants will get in touch with you.
Changing KITAS or visa Status in Indonesia
It is also possible to change your residency status in Indonesia. For example, those on a visit visa can apply for a temporary stay permit (KITAS). Similarly, those with a KITAS can apply for a permanent stay permit (KITAP).
Note that applicants must meet the requirements and conditions to change their residency status. Our consultants can advise you on the regulations regarding this. We will also assist in applying for the stay permit relevant to your situation.
Social Visas in Indonesia
To assist foreign nationals who have been unable to leave Indonesia, authorities extended the validity of tourist or visit visas. Foreigners who are currently in Indonesia may also apply for a social visa which allows them to stay in the country for up to six months.
Fill out the form below to get in touch with our consultants. We will be happy to help facilitate your visa application. You can also reach us by sending an email to [email protected].